Come join our volunteer team!
You can get involved with New Creation Home Ministries in the following
Help Provide Childcare:
- During our weekly Bible Study Mondays 6:20-7:45 (usually about
- During our weekly Parenting Class, Tuesdays, 6:15-8:00 pm (usually
about 16 children)
"Home Supervise" at New Creation Home:
Come and just "hang out" with the residents at New Creation
Home. Volunteers supervise resident moms and their children and provide
overall support of the house. Typical time slots are:
- Fridays, 7pm-11pm
- Saturdays 10-2, or 2-6pm
- The last Wednesday of each month from 3-9
Provide Dinner For A Parenting Class:
- Individuals/groups can help by making/delivering dinner for our Tuesday
night parenting classes. Dinners should feed 12-15 adults, and can
delivered by arrangement anytime before 5:15pm on Tuesdays.
Organize/Staff A Social Event:
- Have a small group of friends plan and fund a fun outing for the
moms at New Creation Home (i.e. a trip to the movies, for pizza, etc.)
Saturday or Sunday outings are best, and assisting with transportation
to and from the outing would be necessary
Teach A Parenting Class:
- This could be a one-time or once-a-month commitment, depending on
your availability, and subjects are varied. Classes are on Tuesdays,
from 6:30-7:30pm Parenting Class coordinator Lisa Moody at.
Become a Young Lives Mentor Mom:
- In partnership with East Palo Alto Young Life, we have Young Lives club that meets the last Monday of each month during the school year as well as a week long summer camp during the summer.
Help With Yard Work, House Maintenance or Car Repairs:
- Come work in the yard, on the house or on the car! Schedule a day
to bring a group to help out!
Help with Transportation!
- Help a mom and her child get to school or necessary appointments.
All you need is a car and a valid driver's license as well as auto
Be a Mentor to a NCHM Mom:
- We are looking for Christian women, solid in faith, with a desire
to invest in the lives of teen moms through one-to-one mentoring.
Mentors will meet with their mentee a minimum of twice per month (at
least 4 hours total) over a commitment period of at least 9 months.
If you would like to find out more about any of the above volunteer
opportunities, please contact us at . Volunteer applications/reference forms are
available online, by mail or email upon request.